Friday, March 2, 2012

The FAITH GATE opens a little more.....

Yesterday, I had the privledge of attending a local community meeting. The group is called Carbon Valley Network- and that is exactly what it is. A group of local people coming together to help eachother with community needs.

At the end of the meeting, I was able to introduce myself and THAT PLACE. (Pretty funny because I had to come right from my morning Zumba class- so my outfit was .... well, a little colorful and sweaty!)

The response I got from the people there was overwhelming! So much so, that I had to sit in my suburban until I could stop shedding tears of joy before I went in to do some grocery shopping after!

A lady from the St. Vrain Valley Education Foundation wanted me to send her an email with as much information as possible as she would be meeting with the school superintendent and wanted to share with him! (YES! I have been trying to get a meeting scheduled with him and our local school board representative!)

A person from the Weld County Food Bank came up and said they would like to provide snacks to the teens after school at THAT PLACE!! (Bonus for us, as I told her we also planning on serving in the community and would love to serve at the food bank!)

A man from the United Way came up and told me that if we have our building by the time Day Of Caring comes in May, United Way can help us with volunteers to help get it cleaned up and ready!

A man from Leadership St. Vrain said he would like me to come and present to them at their next meeting! (From what I understand this group is made up of people from the entire school district- talk about some networking!)

The librarian present said she wanted me to meet their Teen Librarian and that he would have many things we could use like a flat screen TV.....? (Huh? I didn't see that coming!! COOL!)

So, as I sit here and try to patiently wait to see where THAT PLACE will actually BE.....I am overwhelmed by the interest in it from our community already! I cannot wait to see our facility and all the people who come to be a part of it!! I stand at the FAITH GATE!

No comments: