Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's Up to You!

It is one week and one day away.
Basically, in 8 days, we will celebrate the opening of what was just a vision or a dream a short year ago.

Hours and hours of work have been put in. Writing thoughts about that vision on paper. Meeting with all sorts of various people who MAY or MAY NOT be able to help make the vision a reality in some way... big or small. Doing presentations, holding meetings.....forging ahead. Sometimes it was very easy. Sometimes, not so much!


Throughout the whole process there were different types of people involved.
Some were so supportive, caught the vision and wanted to help.
Some did that for a while, and then for some reason, they were pulled away- a move, a job, a life-change.
Some said they were supportive, but then didn't really jump in to DO anything.
Some heard the vision, liked it, weren't in a position to be involved themselves, but knew someone else who could....
Some heard the vision- but saw it in a little different way and offered suggestions on how to make the vision a little different.... just in case, or for whatever reason.
Some were quite cautious. They seemed to throw warnings out to me all the time.
No matter what kind of person I met along the way, I had to be cautious.

I couldn't let their feelings, thoughts, concerns, desire or lack of desire take me off course or distract me from what I KNEW would eventually work.


Those who wanted to help, I of course welcomed!
Those who could help for a time and then moved on, I focused on the fact that they believed in it and helped when they could. I could not focus on the fact that they had to move on.
Those who said they supported it, but then did nothing- Well, I am kind of an actions are stronger than words person. So, I didn't put much into that. But, I thought occasionally to myself that perhaps they were the kind who would actually have to SEE it to believe.....
Those who were supportive- but couldn't be involved and still pointed me to another- I saw them as truthful and appreciate so much all of the people I got to connect with because of them.
Those who had a different vision, I would listen to, but had to be careful that I didn't jump on someone else's dream. I knew the one I had, was the one meant for me....and at the same time- we are all creative, so I needed to listen to be sure there wasn't something missing that they would offer that might help or improve the vision I had.
Those who were cautious and constantly throwing warnings and concerns up. I had to really be guarded. I could not allow myself to be discouraged. There was too much work already put in and too much ahead. At times, I felt like I was calloused in response to them and at times I felt like a horse with blinders on- but that's just how it had to be so I would not lose heart. So, I could press on.


I share all of this simply to tell anyone trying to follow a dream. Trying to make a difference. You WILL run across all types of people. There WILL be obstacles. If you believe in what you are doing. If you KNOW that this is what you are supposed to do, YOU have to determine HOW you look at things and people and opinions. You can let them destroy your dream, change your dream, or help your dream. So, really, it's up to you!

No comments: