Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Healing- One thing you can count on.

Holding my baby girl in my arms as she asked me the tough questions...
"What if he doesn't make it?" "This could end badly, couldn't it?"

I tell everyone that I am the kind of person who hopes and prays for the best and prepares for the worst. I need to know the spectrum I am dealing with. I have four kids to think about.

Yes, this could end badly. I would be lying to you if I said I knew that everything this might not end poorly. None of us have that guarantee in life. No one knows what could happen- I could walk out into the street and be hit by a car tomorrow.

The first church we went to was a church called the Chapel at Blendon. A woman had cancer and she had her hands lifted as they prayed for her healing. When they finished, she said, "I will either be healed here on earth, or I will be healed in heaven with God." That has always stuck with me. That is how it is with all of us. We pray for healing and we WILL be healed. Either here on earth, or in heaven with God.

Is that comforting? in some ways it's not- Not to the people who love you- who want more time, have plans and need you. But, to know that if healing doesn't happen on earth, having the peace that it happens in heaven- no more pain- no more suffering. That is hope! No matter what, you WILL BE HEALED!

No comments: