Monday, October 6, 2008

What am I doing here?

This is a question that I have asked many times in my life and I have heard many people ask.
What am I doing here?
Well, I am not "there" yet, but I am coming to the conclusion that I am here simply because I am His. This may sound absurd, but in reality, I was created by a higher power than myself and if I was created, then the creator must have a purpose or plan for me. I am not my own.
Check it out...
think of a project or a piece of art you came up with. Even as a child if you think you aren't creative now! (Topic for another day- I think everyone is creative!) I have made pictures...drawings, paintings, clay sculptures, written poetry, made a plan for the day or week or month (another topic for another time- planning can be a gift and a curse!)
Anyway, everything I have ever created has served a purpose. It was something I was working on as a gift for someone, it was helping me pass the time, it was helping me express myself, it was making sure something would happen...or come close to happening as planned....
I think if you think about it, you will find reason behind what you do, too. Maybe you are not an "artist" as one might normally think of an artist. Maybe you are planning family meals, or a course of study at school, or how to best get that project done at work....whatever it may be, there is a purpose behind what you are working on or have worked on.
Can you see the analogy...? God created you and me and He has a purpose or a plan -- a reason for our existence.
I guess what I hope to continue working through here in this blog is how for me it seems God is saying, "I made you merely for Myself...you are simply Mine." If that is the answer I seem to be getting to this question myself, maybe it will help someone else searching for the answer to the same question.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Calico -

Congrats on the blog launch. Just checking it out. I noticed I had some web traffic from referrals from your site. Thanks for the link. Keep it up! Don't get discouraged. Building a blog is like cooking in a crock pot. You get it started, stir it up once in awhile, and then enjoy. Life Purpose is a great topic to discuss.