Friday, September 17, 2010

Temptation

                                                             


Well, this can be a touchy subject....people don't often want to admit they have temptations...

A temptation is an act that looks appealing to an individual. It is usually used to describe acts with negative connotations and as such, tends to lead a person to regret such actions, for various reasons: legal, social, psychological (including feeling guilt), health, economic, etc. (wikipedia)

I have been faced with temptations in my life again and again....sometimes on a daily basis! Some of them have been easy to turn away from. Others, have been quite difficult.

Just recently one of my biggest temptations...and hardest to overcome...has gotten a little easier. I stuggle with Pepsi! I love the carbonation...the sweetness...the coolness....Ahhhhhh! Wow!....And if it is from a fountain- THAT'S the BEST!

For the past year, I allowed myself to have it once a day, after cutting back from having a couple or more a day. When I began doing P90X, Tony kinda sorta said it was a good thing to cut it out. And, I knew deep inside, he was right!! (That's the same with most temptations....they make you feel like they are beneficial...almost good for you in some way...and in reality it is just emptiness...and often bad for you.) It really is nothing but empty calories and loads of sugar I don't need and caffiene that I already get from other sources... (another addiction?) So, as addicted as I had been, I stopped having it daily and allowed myself to have a little on the weekend... :)

What I have found with Pepsi as with other temptaions I have had in my life is that those temptaions which are not good for me fade...they are somehow removed....sometimes slowly but surely and sometimes altogether and rapidly!

This Pepsi Addiction has been kind of a slowly fading one...and suddenly I tried to drink it today for a treat- and YUCK! It really made me feel kinda sick!  What in the world??!! I don't think I will be tempted by that one for a while!! :) I hope not anyway.....

No comments: