Friday, September 3, 2010

Take Time to Celebrate!

Last night I was able to watch The Ohio State Buckeyes play Marshall over dinner with my husband and some of his work colleagues.
It was a great game for Ohio State, and as I watched the game, I was reminded of something.
Each time a touchdown was scored, there was a little bit of time spent celebrating!
Seeing the little dances, the chest bumps, the finger pointing out to the crowd as the player came into the end zone- all little acts of celebration- that seemed to make me smile even more than the actual touchdown!
I thought to myself, "THAT'S IT! We have to take time to celebrate!"
Too often, I think we stay so focussed and so set on our "to do"  or "honey do" list that we forget how important it is to take even just a few mintues to celebrate the job well done, the process of our lives, the monuments both big and small that occur throughout the "game" of our lives.
A tooth came out, a new thing learned, a task completed, an anniversary, a birthday, a wedding, a birth, a problem solved, a step in the right direction taken, a new song learned, a new relationship, a broken relationship mended....
How about just celebrating the process? Each touchdown was a step closer to the end result of a won game. Each day we live is a step closer to the end result of our lives. Along the way, there is soooo much to dance, sing, and shout about! I don't think we should wait til the very end to reflect on that! I think we should try to reflect on the steps along the way- and take joy in them daily!
TAKE TIME TO CELEBRATE!

No comments: