Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pruning





We recently did some yard work in preparation for winter.
It always gives me a sort of weird feeling as I cut bushes back and we remove branches from trees...
I guess it leaves me feeling a little sad. I mean, they look so beautiful and then we leave them looking half-dressed...weak...puny...almost damaged sometimes....
Then I focus on picturing them after winter ends. I picture them with tiny green leaves and blossoms and looking full and beautiful again! Ahhh! That's better!! The reality is that without the pruning we do, they would not grow as well- as full. Sure they would grow- but more slowly and sporadically.
The same thing happens to us in our lives. We grow, we get pruned, we recover- or rest, and we grow- more fully- becoming more beautiful!
If you are reading this and you are going through difficulties right now...remember that it is a season...you may feel and even look weak, tired, puny and damaged...but this time in your life will work to add to your beauty in the next season!


1 comment:

Amory Siscoe said...

Thank the good Lord above for seasons! I am thankful for the different seasons in our lives because they keep us growing and depending in God and to watch the growth in my family and friends is such a blessing....