Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nothing Short of a Miracle!!


I went to the female doctor on April Fool's Day.

I was concerned as I had been having some different things going on with my cycle..and I noticed a lump in a breast. Figured I should go get checked out- so I did.

I wasn't prepared for the news I would receive when I went. I had already pretty much determined that I had some hormonal changes going on. (They don't think that is the problem- I am not convinced it is not. I know my body very well. I notice little changes and things that most people probably easily overlook. The human body fascinates me and I try to learn as much about how it functions as I can because of that. Everything I have read leans towards these hormonal changes happening even up to 10 years before a woman enters memopause and I believe I am right around that mark.) ANYWAY....

During my exam, she was explaining to me that sometimes, cysts, fibroids, or cancer cells can cause the kinds of issues I had been having. I was a little nervous.

Then she said, "Does this hurt?" I said, "Yes...there is a little shooting pain right there." She informed me that she felt a little mass and believed I should get it checked- ultrasound and possibly a biopsy. She continued with the exam and said , "Ok, this ovary feels fine...and so does this one. By the way, your uterus is tilted a little back."

"I know", I told her. "I found that out years ago..."

I made the appointments in their office as she had suggested. An internal ultrasound and possible biopsy right after the weekend, and a mammogram that Friday. (She agreed about the lump in my breast and felt it should also be looked into a bit more.)

I left the office and called my husband to let him know what took place and that I would be on my way to Dick's to get out T-shirts for the Rockies Home Opener which we would leave for as soon as I made it home. He answered, "Hello!" I fell apart! Weeping. Sobbing. I could barely talk. I was shocked. I was scared. BIOPSY??? What?

I was so blessed with many positive words of encouragement. Emails, texts, phone calls from friends and family that I informed what was going on and asked to keep me in their prayers, were coming in just about non-stop the rest of the day. It was such a comfort to feel so much love.

I did fine over those next couple days- I kept pretty busy. Night time was hard. I would wake up teary-eyed. I was having bad dreams. I was not resting very well at all.

Sunday, some wonderfully sweet people gathered around me after service and had me sit in the middle of the gathering in a chair. Some of them rested their hands on me. Some of them knelt beside me. I was surrounded by love. I was surrounded by faith. I was overwhelmed with emotion. I closed my eyes as tears streamed and I listened to their words as they prayed to God and asked Him to restore me to be the way I was when I was being formed by Him in my mother's womb. I listened as they called out to Him that He was GOOD and could be TRUSTED and would be GLORIFIED no matter what. I listened as they thanked Him for me and for my family. They prayed for peace. They prayed for rest. One prayed that fear had no sting and that he felt he could hear my victoious laughter as God would be glorified and everything would be fine.I prayed and thanked Him for all the love that surrounded me. I thanked Him for being the great I AM- always with us. The Gentle Healer. I prayed that I could lay down everything before Him- just give my worries, fears, burdens, joys, sorrows, life- everything to Him and leave it there with His help. I could hear some others crying- mostly my daughters.

After, dear friends reminded us of a story they had told us before of their daughter whose body was calcifying inside. They had x-rays that showed it. They took her back and had more x-rays and the doctor looked at them and saw nothing. He said, "Why are you here again?" God had healed her!

Later that day, some other dear friends who had been part of that prayer time, brought a fleece blanket to our house. You know, the kind you tie all the way around. Baseballs on one side (their family) basketballs on the other (our family). They attached a note that said as each knot was tied, a prayer was said. I snuggled with that blanket and as I did, I remembered and treasured all the prayers I knew had been and were being said on my behalf.

I slept with that blanky that night. I slept so well. No bad dreams. No waking up with tears.
I went into the doctor's office Monday morning after teaching my morning Zumba class at Curves and as the doctor looked around he said, "I don't see anything." I smiled and looked at my husband each time he said it. I knew prayers had been answered! He actually even told me that my uterus wasn't even tilting back. "WOW! Praise God!", was all I could think!

The power of prayer is amazing. I see this whole thing as nothing short of a miracle. I believe! I believe and I am thankful! SO thankful!

I still have a mammogram to go to on Friday. But, I have such a sense of peace. God IS in control. I CAN and DO trust Him. I already talked to Him about this before, when I was scared and unsure. No matter what He allows in my life from this point on- I am going to - with His help- serve Him by loving others and lifting Him up. I wish to leave those around me feeling better, feeling blessed, feeling joy and peace and love. That will be my life's goal from here on out!

Life, my friends, is nothing short of a miracle!!

2 comments:

Reena said...

Words escape me. God is good. I praise God for your miracle. Amen!

Unknown said...

You're a witness, my sweet friend. It was an honor to pray for and over you and His words, His life, His will is all that matters... "He knit you so carefully in your mother's womb" and He treasures you. His way and His timing are what we rest in peace with. HE is glorified! Praising God with you!