Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Closing the Closet! What it all means....

Well, now you know some more junk about me. (That is, if you read the two blog posts previous to this one!)

Today was the big day. The closet was fixed and I was able to put everything that I decided to keep back inside- according to its kind and color. So happy! Now, I can relax in my bedroom again as there is no mess all around...I can close my closet and open it to find everything very easily- right at my finger-tips....

BUT, this did not just happen. Did it? I went through the realization that there was stuff I was trying to hold onto that I really needed to get rid of.  When I finally conviced myself to clear out the stuff that I thought was there just in case and bringing me comfort- I realized that in actuality, it wasn't bringing me comfort! It was making a mess- and causing me stress!!  PHEW! How nice it is to have gotten rid of that baggage- cleaned up the mess and now have all that I need (and more still, actually) and so little stress!!

I have a little life comparison here- sometimes in life, we hold onto things because we feel safe with them where they are- it is what we are used to.... Even when  it isn't good for us it is causing our lives stress and unneccesary mess. When we get rid of the junk causing the mess- we can breathe easier. We have less stress and less mess.

What is it in your life that you need to get rid of? What has been causing you stress and a mess? Will you do it? Will you part with what you know and are finding comfort in because you know it needs to be done? It isn't always easy- but oh it feels good when it is over!

No comments: