Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Ying Yang of Life



If I had never been lied to, I would not appreciate truth so much.
If I had never been lonely, I wouldn't appreciate company as much.
If I had never been used, I wouldn't appreciate truly being cherished.
If I had never been really sad, I wouldn't appreciate being so very happy.
If I had never experienced loss, I wouldn't appreciate all that I have.
If I had never made mistakes, I wouldn't appreciate forgiveness.
If I had never been frightened, I wouldn't appreciate security.
If I had never been hated or disliked, I wouldn't appreciate love.
If I had never been sick, I wouldn't appreciate being healthy.
If I had never been hurt, I wouldn't appreciate tenderness as much.
If I had never been bored, I wouldn't appreciate activity so much.
If had never experienced and seen ugly, I would not appreciate beauty as much.

Even the not so pleasant and sometimes very painful things of this life have a greater purpose....don't forget to look toward what you have learned to appreciate because of the negative in life...then you may, in some strange way, even appreciate the negative.

No comments: