Friday, November 4, 2011

Some Turmoil Turned Around

I interrupt the Forgiveness series to share with you a little turmoil turned around!

Lately, I have been getting an incredible sense of loneliness.

I have told people about it. Posted on FB about it. I have asked people to pray concerning it. I have cried out loud about it. I have prayed myself and pondered why, in such a friendly place- and knowing so many people in such a short time- have I not had that "click"? I have been feeling pretty desperate about it....
   



We were fortunate enough as a family unit living in Plainfield, Illinois to have wonderful neighbors in our neighborhood that we could hang out with at the drop of a hat!
We had 2 families in Canton, Ohio that were like extended family to my family. We did weekends together, holidays...sometimes even school nights!
We were very close with 2 families in Pryor, Oklahoma as well. They became like family to us almost instantly as we were over 1000 miles away from our own.
Before that, we were in Columbus, Ohio and we were fabulous friends with a family with 3 boys when we had 3 girls. Again, like extended family!

You get the idea, I am sure! We got it in our heads, that where ever we lived, there would undoubtedly be someone that this connection would happen with.

Here, we have definitely made friends. But not the same kind. Very loving people, for sure, but no one we hang out with nearly every weekend consistently. No one we do holidays with. It is different. For a while, I had been looking at this as a bad thing....

It has been harder for me than my husband as he is a salesman and likes lots of people and has friends- but I am more intimate with people, I guess you could say. I LOVE spending one-on-one time. Talking. Laughing. Sharing life with others on a regular basis.

But, today, I feel like I had somewhat of a revelation!! Today, I feel like as bleak as things have seemed to me- they may not be so bad after all!


Today, I realized, that with only a couple more years with my oldest before she goes to college, and a few before the next goes...maybe what I am supposed to do with that feeling of loneliness is to spend it with my FAMILY. Have a coffee date with my girls. Go on more dates with my husband.
If we were going to spend $50 inviting another family over for dinner- why not just take our family to see a movie we have been wanting to see instead?

This could be a remarkable opportunity for The Neu Crew! I cannot wait to see how this all turns out now.... I will keep you posted! :)

1 comment:

Fit Life by Juana said...

Praising God for you and your family! What a great revelation!