Friday, December 2, 2011

Seeing Beauty

We had quite a bit of snow the past day and a half or so. I am not a fan of snow and cold and more darkness in a 24 hour period. In fact, if I could, I would live somewhere closer to the equator- where it was always hot, more sunny and never snowed! lol

However, this month of December, I am asking God to let me see more beauty. (Got this in a way from my cousin, Heather, who often asks God to surprise her!) You can read some of her stuff here: http://gentlespiritmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/day-1630.html

He sure does answer prayer! Today, in the midst of my driving around town thinking about the immense amount of fog and snow and greyness of the sky I found myself thinking "This is like Narnia- always winter, never Christmas!"

Suddenly, I drive by a beautiful sight- I had stopped thinking about how things looked outside completely and I see something that was so beautiful to me, I had to stop my car, put it in reverse, get out and take a picture! Then, of course, I HAD to share that picture on Facebook. (I share just about everything on Facebook- perhaps it's my part Hippie upbringing - you know, open book, sharing everything, peace, love, joy..... hehe)

Anyway, as I saw the beautiful, fluffy, white, powdery snow on  darker, harder, and more rigid branches against what was now a beautifully pure and illuminus shade of blue sky....I thought- "HOW BEAUTIFUL!"

Then, I started thinking...isn't that how God works? Even in times and places where we are thinking the forecast is ugly, dreary and dark...He shows up and He makes what we thought was far from beautiful into pure, magical beauty!! :)

No comments: