Sunday, June 16, 2013

Excitement Stirring

Excitement Stirring

Woke up at 5:30 again this morning..... (that sun coming in the window does it to me every time.) I used to get mad about waking up early - I prefer to stay up very late and sleep in- or at lease I used to.
But.... life is constantly changing and so am I.
I woke up today and looked at my phone which has the t-minus app. on it counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds until we take off for Belize.

Photo: #praying #preparing #excited #nervous #hopeful #missions #Belize #closer #faith #family

It said 6 days! I can't sleep! Today we have our final meeting! Today we are only 6 days away from this life-changing week we will have in another country with people we do not know, yet. HOW EXCITING!!!!!
A friend of mine has been praying for us on this trip. He is a pastor now- was a year ahead of me in school- got me to go to church and actually baptized me my junior year, telling me he wanted to hold me under a little longer and make sure it "took". lol
Anyway, he has been praying one thing in particular and that is that nothing will go according to our plans. But, that God will be in charge- because he says that is when everything is the best! It's already been happening with this trip. Many changes have taken place since the day we signed up- there are some people no longer going and some people now going who were not. I am sure this is part of God's plan. And, since I have NO IDEA what to expect as we visit a third world country and stay with orphans and shut ins in poverty stricken areas, I have no real expectations or plans except to LOVE the people I come into contact with and the team I serve with. Interestingly enough, when I came down this morning, this is the Bible verse that was on my computer!



1 Corinthians 13:1-3
I may speak in different languages, whether human or even of angels. But if I don’t have love, I am only a noisy bell or a ringing cymbal. I may have the gift of prophecy, I may understand all secrets and know everything there is to know, and I may have faith so great that I can move mountains. But even with all this, if I don’t have love, I am nothing. I may give away everything I have to help others, and I may even give my body as an offering to be burned. But I gain nothing by doing all this if I don’t have love.

No comments: