Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 4 - Tuesday

This day was the day I felt it all come together. I felt like my prayers and patience in waiting for God's plan to unfold developed on this day.
We woke up in time again to leave for the church and breakfast at 7:45am. After Breakfast today, we have a little down time to go and see the Mayan Ruins! This is pretty cool, I think. I feel like we traveled North, South, East and West in Belize and I appreciated this as it gave me time to see more of the entire country than just one little aspect. Since we arrived, I had made it my goal to take everything I could in. Billboards, homes, businesses, streets, people- I wanted to try to grasp as much as I could about the place, it's culture and it's people. I had already realized that poverty was everywhere, HIV and AIDS were a big deal, relationships were important (rarely did I see a person all alone- usually they had groups  doing things together.) The ladies and children are a bit shy as far as I can tell, but they are also super friendly and willing to make friends. Men are men- Some of them say comments to women when you walk by. They are more outgoing and sure of themselves it seems.... not too much different than back home- except that they may be a little more forward in their approach! ;)




So, we board our charter bus and head out for a field trip! FEELING EXCITED!!









 









    

  

  

  

  

  

I love the view from the top of peaks! Mountain peaks- but even this one from on top of the Temple. It gives me some sort of comfort in knowing that as an imperfect human being, I have no ability to regularly see the big picture. I see whatever is in front, behind, beside or above me- sometimes, it isn't much as what is near me looks bigger than me..... But, God, He can see the whole picture ALWAYS! I can take comfort in this when I am unsure or afraid or feeling overwhelmed. God sees all and has a plan for it all..... I just need to follow His lead.

 

Following His lead. That is what happened up there that day. It began to rain as we stood up on this monument. How glorious! I love the rain- but especially when I am hot! Refreshing! However, this made some people a little scared. Instantly, my mom mode kicked in and my safety training from various activities though life. It makes me humbled and grateful that as life unfolds you can see how things from your past can be used to help others in the present. Calmly directing people as they climb back down. "Stay low. It's slippery. Go slow. Try to use both feet and both hands. You can do it. Good job." Sometimes, it just helps to hear affirmation. A reminder of what you already know. Everyone made it down safely. It was beautiful.

As we get ready to head out, the other leaders ask for a picture of the three of us together! :) This makes me smile on the inside and the outside. :) Comradery is a beautiful thing!



And, as we are heading back out- a CUTE MONKEY!!!!! I LOVE MONKEYS!!!! This is my first time seeing one in the wild! :) Happy Day!

 

This is truly a beautiful place.....

  



A little time to relax before VBS after lunch and we go back to the hotel. Today, a group of almost all of the girls on the trip came to our room (Our room was a bit different now- Kayla, the other leader and my oldest daughter, Shyanna, went to another room and Haley joined our room.) We had a little time to talk. One of my very favorite things to do is listen to teens. They have a lot of insights that I think many adults just over-look or take for granted. These ladies are intelligent, they have some life-concerns and some ideas about life. It is always helpful to open up to people you can trust and share your thoughts, struggles, fears, joys, likes and dislikes. We are built for relationship with other people and with God. I am feeling extremely blessed to have growing relationships with these young ladies and to see them growing in relationships with each other and God on this trip! Yes, God is showing me why I am there.... and I am loving it!

WOW! Back to the church and VBS is GROWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

 today we have over 100 kids!! Amazing!

We meet as a team again after everything is over. St Richards and Rocky and PPM.
Then we have our own little team meeting. Tonight, Ben has asked Kayla to lead the meeting time and we are able to go have a little ice cream snack in the city and sit outside to do it! Pretty cool!



I wondered what the local thought about us praising God right there in the middle of everything..... Some people stopped to look at us and observe a bit- but not many.

Today was a good day. A turning point where you could really see relationships growing. This was an answer to one of my prayers. THANKFUL!! <3 p="">



No comments: