Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Waiting

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Waiting.....

Waiting..... it's something I am getting a bit better about as I get a bit older.

Life is full of waiting.

Waiting to meet the Mr. Right.
Waiting to get out of school.
Waiting for summer to finally arrive- and if you live in Ohio- the sunshine along with it.
Waiting for the first baby to be born.
Waiting to see if you are having a boy or girl.
Waiting in line for the bathroom.
Waiting to see your family again when you live 1000 miles away.
Waiting to hear from someone you love.
Waiting on the bank to tell you if you can purchase the home.
Waiting to hear back from an interview.


I haven't been the most patient person in the world.
I have never really liked waiting.

Lately, though, I have been waiting for a trip that I have been waiting on my entire life. I get to go to another country on a "Mission Trip." I am 41- will be turning 42 just a couple of days before we leave.

Why have I been wanting to do this?

One reason, I believe mostly that us Americans are pretty spoiled. We have so much of everything. I want to go spoil some others. 

Another reason is that I believe in God. But, I don't like hitting people over the head with the Bible- or preaching with words. I believe we are here to LOVE others and that sums up the message Jesus tried to spread while He was here. I want to go LOVE on others..... smile at them, hug them, sing and dance with them, play games with them, tell them my own story and why I believe in God.....and listen to REALLY listen to them and their stories. I want to serve them- is there something I can do while there to make their lives better/ easier? I hope so!

I am blessed to be a youth group leader at my church for high school students! I am super excited to go on this trip with some of the students from the group- which includes my two oldest daughters!

For now, we wait..... The plane leaves at 6am on June 8th.
While I wait, I make good use of the time by praying. Asking God to prepare our hearts. To protect us. To use us for good. To teach us and grow us through this.

No comments: