Monday, March 28, 2011

Falling In Love Again -While Unplugged

For the past few weeks, I have been unplugging more and more from much of the technological side of life. Not tweeting much, facebook- what's that? lol and this weekend, we went on a little three day get-away, and I felt compelled to leave the laptop and the cell phone behind.

In fact, the family left them behind. We had some old fashioned family time together....lots of singing, talking, hanging out with eachother face- to- face.

We went to a town nestled in the valleys of the Rocky Mountains, in part- Glenwood Springs. Without the distractions of technology, I felt such relaxation....such peace....it really helped bring me back to my roots, in a way, I guess. I found myself imagining many wonderful things as I took in the splender and beauty of the Rocky Mountains, and I thoroughly enjoyed the people most dear to my heart on this earth- my husband and our four beautiful daughters.

So much so, that I could not stop thinking on my way home about how refreshed and new I felt. how grateful. How amazed and how loved. I feel at home here in this amazing state, more so than I have ever felt home before- anywhere.

I am amazed at the creativity of the Creator. Humbled, really, that I am able to enjoy all the beauty and wonderment all around me. Even more humbled that He has also given me such wonderful people to enjoy all of it WITH. Sigh......so overwhelmed.

My oldest daughter said this was her favorite vacation we have had as a family since we went to Hilton Head. (Now, that is saying something....especially, since she is one of the ones who was really NOT wanting to unplug for the weekend.) I was loving it so much, that when we went to my husband's softball game tonight, I left the old cell phone at home again. It feels good to UNPLUG! :) and really focus on the ones you are with and love the most!

No comments: