Monday, March 14, 2011

Heart Strings....


Watching the videos...reading the articles....seeing the pictures....these poor and wonderful people in Japan have been hit- and hit HARD! Earthquake, tsunami, nuclear radiation....I can only imagine....

As I see people smile - hug- share what little they have, it really pulls on my heart strings...

Just last night we were talking in our Youth Group called Thrive about how much we have and how little we share....how our overflow could be someone else's blessing....and I think about right now the overflow I have.

The house, the cars, the clothes, the food, the beds, the pets, the people in my life....

People there have lost not only their homes, food, water, clothing, pets, but they have lost each other. They cannot keep up on the dead bodies as there are not enough coffins, body bags, and they do not have the ability to creamate in the capacity!



I cannot imagine the world as I once knew it laying adound me in disarray and rubble- cars stacked, buildings wiped away and actually seeing deaad bodies of people floating on the shoreline....it sounds as if it was a war-zone. I cringe and tears come as I watch a lady hug a young child in an effort to comfort and console...to see this kind of devestation and destruction as a young child....this overwhelms my burdened heart.

I think to myself, "What can I do? How can I help? Out of the abundance that I have- how can I bless?"



No comments: